Thank you for your INTEREST in Membership!
Membership in VSHRM provides human resource professionals with educational,networking, and leadership opportunities within our organization and local communities. Individuals interested in becoming involved in VSHRM are invited to talk with any board member or attend a chapter meeting to learn more about how we are supporting the HR professional and advancing the HR profession. To view our chapter's By-Laws click here: VSHRM Bylaws
- Meetings, seminars, and workshops offered at cost-effective rates
- A wide variety of networking opportunities to exchange ideas and best practices
- PHR/SPHR recertification credits for attending chapter programs
- Certification preparation classes at reasonable rates
- Opportunities to develop leadership, mentoring and team-based competencies that enhance professional value and effectiveness
- Providing on-line Human Resources job postings FREE of charge
- Offering a detailed VSHRM directory including the names and contact numbers of all active VSHRM members
- Legal and legislative updates
Application for Membership: Application for membership shall be submitted on the form provided by VSHRM. You will not become a member of VSHRM until your application is approved and payment is received. The Board of Directors shall determine each applicant's eligibility for membership. Memberships are individual (not corporate) and are not transferable to other individuals. To complete the Membership Form click here: Membership Form
Code of Ethics: By applying for membership with VSHRM, HR Professionals pledge to follow our chapter's Code of Ethics that was introduced to our members at the March 2006 meeting. Please read our Code of Ethics by clicking here: VSHRM Code of Ethics
Dues: Dues are to be paid by December 31st of each year. The Board of Directors may grant a one month period for unpaid dues. New members who join after July 1 will be considered paid through December 31 of the following year.
Membership Renewal: Membership in the chapter expires on December 31 of each year. Active members are encouraged to renew their membership online once logged into the website. Or, the Renewal Membership can be completed by printing and mailing in an invoice with payment. Click here for the invoice.
Types of Membership:
SHRM members - $30
non-SHRM members - $50
Student membership - $20
To Apply for Membership: Please complete the VSHRM Membership Form and submit with payment. Or, if you prefer, you can print out and send this VSHRM application with your annual membership dues payment, checks payable to VSHRM to:
P.O. Box 5448
Saginaw, MI 48603